Council Tool Flathead Fireman's Axe - 36" Fiberglass handle., 6 lb.
Flathead Fireman's Axe - 36" Fiberglass handle., 6 lb. Dayton patterned head. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, forcible entry, door stop, etc.. Cutting edge is approximately 5" in overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting
- Heat treated cutting edge produces fine grain structure and RC 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Value) for safety, edge holding and toughness.
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edge in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36"yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional single bit shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
- Axe head is joined to the handle with a strong resilient epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond. The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.