Council Tool Flathead Fireman's style single bit axe with a 36" curved wooden handle, 6 lb.
Flathead Fireman's Axe style single bit axe with a 36" curved handle. 6 lb. Dayton patterned head. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, door stop, etc.. Cutting edge is approximately 5" in overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting.
- Heat treated cutting edge produces fine grain structure and RC 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Value) for safety, edge holding and toughness.
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36" curved hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.