Portable Damage Control Locker
Phoenix Group is a recognized provider of US Navy shipboard damage control stowage systems and has designed the Portable Damage Control Locker to meet the requirement of Standard Item 009-08/2015 resulting from the fire on the USS Miami at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
The locker is designed to hold the normal allowance of equipment for a damage control repair locker. This 20’ by 8’ locker houses cabinets, Damage Control desk, DC diagram holder, DC tools, boots and helmets, is lighted, climate controlled and provides for 110vac power. It is equipped with a roll-up door that provides unrestricted access during emergencies. Configurations can be customized to provide SCBA storage, or other configurations.
It meets the NAVSEA Standard Item 009-08/2015 requirement to ensure ships have access to their damage control equipment during drydock periods.
It is hoistable by crane or can be moved by forklift and positioned as needed to provide primary or backup damage control response capability. When not in use, the roll up door can be locked in the closed position.
- Meets requirements of Navy Standard Item 009-08/2015
- Complete Damage Control Locker allowance (less SCBAs)
- Accommodates standard DC Locker allowance
- Lockable for secure stowage of equipment
- Easily identified as Damage Control equipment
- Lighted and patchable into shore electrical source
- Custom configurations available
- Easily moved about the Yard or on the ship
- Frees up spaces in the ship to reduce interference with ongoing work integration